Image Processing for Biomedical Applications
PI: Thomas Graeber, Ph.D.
- Sep ’02– Jul ’04
- M.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Major: Signal Processing
MS thesis: Clustering Methods for Accurate Background/Foreground Estimation in cDNA
Advanced classes in: Image and Signal Processing for Biomedical Applications, Bioinformatics,
- Sep ’97 – Jul ’02
- Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering (5-year degree, M.Sc. equivalent)
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, School of Engineering
University of Patras, Greece
Diploma thesis: High Speed Optical Networks: Implementing the Generic Framing Procedure.
Advanced classes in: high-speed network protocols, DSP, H/W-S/W co-design, VLSI design
- UCLA, Molecular and Medical Pharmacology Department, Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging (Jan’05 – present )
- Staff Research Associate I (Jan ’05 – May ’06), Staff Research Associate II (Jun ’06 – present): Quantitative Analysis of Phosphoprotein Levels from Mass Spectrometry Data, Mass Spec Supervisor, Website Developer
- Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging (Sep’04 – Jan ’05)
- Staff Research Associate I : microPET and microCAT calibration testing
- Northeastern University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (Sep’02 – Apr ’04)
- Research Associate: Clustering Algorithms for Microarray Images
List of Publications
- Fluent in: Perl, MATLAB, SQL/MySQL, HTML, C/C++
- Good at: IDL, CSIM, VHDL
- Familiar with: Python, C#, PHP, SDL, Java, assembly (ADSP-21xx, TI C54, Intel 80x86, Intel 8051), FORTRAN
Mathworks MATLAB, Xcalibur, Bioworks, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Analyst QS, Visio Technical, AMIDE, ASIPro (Siemens Preclinical Solutions, Knoxville, TN), Visual Studio .NET, Borland JBuilder, Compuware COMNET, Telelogic Tau, Mentor Graphics ModelSim
Microsoft Windows, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, MS-DOS.
microPET scanner, microCAT scanner, Thermofinnigan LTQ-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer.
English: fluent, Greek: native, French: competent
Prepared, taught and graded various courses at graduate and undergraduate level, including Pattern Recognition, Linear Systems Analysis, Engineering Problem Solving and Computation (C++ Programming).
List of Honors and Awards
last update: March 2, 2012